Professionals Technology Transfer Professionals, Export Law responsibles, Researchers, PhD, and other interested persons) working at universities or companies who need to better understand export control issues.
This workshop will address the following questions and topics:
- Export controls and their place in international security architecture: disarmament vs. non-proliferation; war material vs. dual-use goods; export controls vs. sanctions
- Overview of the workings of export control regimes (Australia Group, Nuclear Suppliers Group, Missile Technology Control Regime, Wassenaar Arrangement) and the drafting of the control lists
- Discussion with participants on practical examples with focus on additive manufacturing and/or quantum computing
- Goods control act (SR 946.202, GCA), goods control ordinance (SR 946.202.1, GCO) and its annexes; the control of commodities, intangible and tangible technologies and software
- Classification and electronic licensing system (ELIC); licence requirements and best practices for internal compliance programmes (ICP); individual vs. general export licence
- Discussion with participants on practical examples with focus on cloud computing; basic scientific research; research visits, lectures and publications
- Questions & Answers
Date, Location and General Information
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Duration: 9 am to 12 am
Location: Virtual - Link will be sent prior to event
Cost: free of charge
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
Seraina Frost is is Deputy Head of Export Control Policy Dual-Use at the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO and appointed Co-Chair of the Technical Expert Meeting of the Missile Technology Control Regime. She is also Head of the Swiss Delegation to the Wassenaar Arrangement Experts Group. Before joining SECO, she worked at the Center for Security Studies at the ETH Zurich and the NBC-Laboratory in Spiez. Seraina holds a Master of Arts in Intelligence and International Security from King’s College London Department of War Studies.
Moritz Glatthard is an expert with the Export Control Policy Dual-Use Section at the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. He is Head of the Swiss Delegation to the Technical Experts Group of the Nuclear Suppliers Group and senior negotiator in the political and technical fora of the Wassenaar Arrangement. Before joining SECO, he worked at diplomatic representations in the Baltic, China and Geneva. Moritz holds a Master of Science in International Affairs from the London School of Economics and Political Science and from Peking University..
Please fill in, latest by May 14, 2021, the registration form below.
Upon receipt of the registration, you will receive a confirmation with the linke to the online workshop at the email you indicated.